In the City of Westminster, a small area within Central London is known as Pimlico. Well renowned for its Regency Architecture and garden square, Pimlico was built as a southern extension. Victoria Railway Station separate Pimlico from Belgravia and River Thames is in its south. Grosvenor Canal is at its west and Vauxhall Bridge Road to the east. Pimlico’s tables turned in 1825 when it was contracted with Thomas Cubitt to develop Pimlico after the Great Fire of London, and the Great Plague of London. Pimlico had been known as ‘genteel,’ sacred to professional men. Pimlico had the second phase of development in 1937 when Dolphin Square was built.
The area contains Pimlico Station on the Victoria lines while Victoria Station serves Victoria, District, and Circle lines.
National Rail Services also provide services to London Victoria Station.
The city is run by bus routes 360, 24, and the C10, while other buses run to the East of Pamlico by Vauxhall Bridge.
There are also Riverboat services provided from Millbank Millennium to Waterloo and Southwark.
Pimlico is well known for its extraordinary architecture.
Dolphin Square, home to several Members of Parliament.
Churchill Gardens, a housing estate in the south-west corner of the area.
There are several beautiful Anglican churches, like st Gabriel’s, St Saviour, and St James the Less.